Thursday, May 19, 2005

Damn I am tired.

Today was the first early morning. I was on the road by 5:30. I have never been a fan of times which are pre-8:00, but now that I have experienced pre-6:00am traffic my mind may change, slightly.

Met many interesting characters today. We even visited a peacock farm. I also stepped in some cow dung and got my pants all dirty. That was pretty disgusting. At least shit is water soluble, and should therefore be pretty easy to wash out.

Our future travel plans seem to be more up in the air now then ever. By 1:00 Benji was ready to drive to the airport and get us all on a plane to Halifax within the hour. By 1:30 he had changed his mind, and we were now going out west or something. Now I think the plan is to drive out east. Whatever may happen, I am confident we will ultimately end up somewhere.

We finished shooting pretty early today so I had a chance to capture all of our footage to the computer. It’s looking better and better. Unfortunately, we only have 8 hours of footage though, which is pretty bad news as I’m guessing we’re going to have a shooting ratio of at least around 20:1, meaning every 20 minutes of stuff we taped will give us 1 minute of useable footage. We will therefore probably need somewhere around 1800 minutes of footage overall, or about 30 full tapes. We have 10 days left to film.

One of the biggest roadblocks we’re reaching is both Benji and Dave have business to do while filming, and the cameras tend to scare away customers. Because of that we keep getting days off in the middle of the week while Dave and Benji do business. Hopefully we’ll get some good solid shooting days in the upcoming weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home